Amplicomms PowerTel 2700 Amplified Cordless TelephoneIf you struggle to hear the telephone ringing or find that conversations down the line can be faint, an amplified telephone may be your ideal solution to improved communication. With an amplified receiver volume of up to 40dB and an increased ringing volume of up to 90dB, the hearing aid compatible Amplicomms PowerTel 2700 Amplified Cordless Telephone is an excellent model for enhanced conversations.
Amplicomms PowerTel 2700
£95.99 Inc. VatEx. VAT,
- Cordless handset ideal for carrying around the home where required
- High-definition HD DSL sound with low distortion and high amplification
- Compatible with hearing aids to ensure reliable and flexible use
- Amplified receiver volume of up to 40dB with a ringer volume of up to 90dB
- Six volume levels with a choice of ten standard ringtones for more tailored ringer
- Four-line extra-large point matrix display screen with blue back light for easier viewing
- Large keys with blue back light for easier dialling of numbers
- Built-in equaliser with four settings for greater audio control
- Visual alert for incoming calls helps reduce risks of calls being missed
- Caller ID presentation (CLIP) with a capacity to store the last 50 callers
- Telephone book for storing up to 100 numbers for quicker and easier calling
- Redial function for the 10 most recent numbers
- Up to five handsets (additional handsets sold separately) per base, with call transfer between handsets.
- 1 x Base unit
- 1 x AC adaptor for the base unit
- 1 x Cordless handset
- 3 x AAA NiMh rechargeable batteries
- 1 x Battery compartment cover
- 1 x Telephone line cord
- 1 x User manual
- Receiver Volume: Up to 40dB
- Ringing Volume: Up to 90dB
- Hearing aid compatible
- Power cord
- Caller ID
How Loud Is This Amplified Telephone?
The PowerTel 2700 has been designed to provide improved control over both the ringer and receiver volume. There are six volume levels, in addition to a mute function, allowing the user to adjust the receiver volume up to 40dB and the ringer volume up to 90dB. There is also a choice of 10 ringtones for optimal hearing.
The HD DSL sound provides low distortion with a built-in equaliser, which can be altered between four settings: Natural, Treble 1, Treble 2, and Bass. As the telephone is compatible with hearing aids, it means that audio can be adjusted to meet the needs of virtually any user, improving the quality of conversations and communication.
How Simple is the Cordless Handset?
To answer a call, the user is required to press either the green button, the speaker button, or any dialling key. While this is easy for most, it might cause problems for users who are not accustomed to answering the phone by pressing a button. If you’re looking for a cordless amplified phone that can be answered by simply picking up the handset, we recommend the Geemarc AmpliDECT 295 Amplified Cordless Telephone.
Does It Have an Answering Machine?
Unfortunately, the PowerTel 2700 Amplified Cordless Telephone does not include an answering machine. If you’re looking for a cordless amplified telephone with an answering machine, we strongly recommend the Amplicomms PowerTel 2780 Amplified Cordless Telephone, which is a very similar phone to this one, with an included answering machine.
Does the 2700 Include Hands-Free Mode?
The Amplicomms PowerTel 2700 includes a speakerphone, allowing you to use it hands-free. This makes it great for use around the house when you are busy doing other tasks or for use by elderly people who may find holding a phone for extended periods uncomfortable.
Is This Phone Suitable for the Visually Impaired?
As well as providing greater audio control, the PowerTel 2700 also offers improved usability. The large backlit buttons reduce the risk of numbers being misdialled, while the blue backlit display screen makes it easier to read both dialled and incoming numbers.
Is There a Visual Cue for Incoming Calls?
The visual alert provided by the LCD screen provides an additional prompt for incoming calls. This means that users, particularly those with reduced hearing, will be less likely to miss a call as the bright screen can catch their attention when in eyeshot.
Does This Phone Feature Caller ID?
Yes, this phone can display Caller ID. It will store the last 50 numbers, allowing you to scroll back through your last calls for reference.
What Is the Range of the Handset?
The exact working range of the handset from the base will depend on several factors including building materials and wall thickness. The working range can be as long as 300 meters in an open air outdoor environment, while indoors the estimated range is roughly 50 meters.
Will the PowerTel Work with My Hearing Aid?
Yes, the PowerTel works with most popular hearing aids. To use this phone with your hearing aid, simply set the hearing aid to T (telecoil) setting.
Does the PowerTel Include a Digital Phonebook?
Yes, the PowerTel Amplified Telephone features a phonebook that is able to store up to 100 numbers at a time. This allows you to keep all of your contacts at the ready for contact at a moment’s notice.
Can I Connect Additional Handsets?
Yes, the PowerTel allows you to connect up to four PowerTel 2701 Additional Cordless Handsets per base. This is perfect if you have trouble getting to the phone in time, and could benefit from having a handset in every area of your home. Learn how to simply connect each handset in the User Manual lower down on this page.
To make pairing up the base with extra handsets easier and more affordable for you, we’ve prepared money-saving bundles that include:
- One additional cordless handset
- Two additional cordless handsets
- Three additional cordless handsets
- Four additional cordless handsets
- PABX compatible
- Hearing aid compatible (ETS 300381)
- Power Supply (Base Unit):
- Input: 100 – 240V 50/60Hz
- Output: 6VDC 800mA
- Outdoor Range: 300g
- Indoor Range: 50m
- Battery Life:
- Talk Time: 7h
- Standby: 100h (4 days)
- Display Screen Size: 40 x 32mm
- Menu languages: GB, DE, FR, NL, ES, IT, TR